Kaytee Exact Handfeeding for Baby Birds
Kaytee Exact Handfeeding Formula was one of the first “instant” formulas available and is one of the most researched and respected products used by professional breeders, veterinarians and conservation programs throughout the world. Exact food’s high-nutrient formula promotes growth, weaning, development and bright plumage. When used properly, exact food will support healthy crop. exact Hand Feeding Formula contains probiotics to encourage a healthy population of intestinal microorganisms. The selected species have been chosen specifically for their vitality, stability, and overall benefits to a bird’s system.
Kaytee understands that sharing your life with a pet bird is not only enjoyable but very enriching. Kaytee shows our love by ensuring we provide your pet bird with the best nutrition for a long and healthy life. With over 150 years of avian nutritional experience, it’s no wonder why Kaytee is at the heart of every healthy feeding routine.
Handfeeding Information for Breeders
• It is extremely important to follow the directions completely and thoroughly.
• KAYTEE Exact® Handfeeding Formula is mixed with hot, clean water to a desired consistency.
• Feed the hungry baby with a special hand-feeding syringe.
• Hatchlings must be fed about every two hours.
• The number of feedings decrease and the amount of food increases as the baby grows.
• Baby birds require 10-12 percent of their body weight per feeding.
• Use fresh formula at each feeding.
• Use proper hygiene.
• Monitor babies daily for growth and health.
Depending on species, most birds wean between the ages of 8 and 12 weeks.